Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dinner Party!

Last night we had a dinner party with our class at Meghan's house. Fiona couldn't make it, but it was still a good time.

Since before Christmas I have been promising my housemates that I would make them some good enchiladas and after actually bringing back proper enchilada sauce after Christmas I finally made some for them! Half of these were stuffed with shredded chicken and cheese and the other half had that plus roasted jalapenos and onions, then they were covered in green enchilada sauce (mild, of course) and topped with more cheese. The girls were pretty doubtful about the whole thing, convinced that it would be spicy and that green sauce is gross...

...but when they came out of the oven smelling amazing and looking like this they were singing another tune.


Everyone chowing down. Gereme contributed a delicious pasta salad as a side dish.

And after everyone got seconds (and thirds for some people), the dish was thoroughly emptied and I have been told that they want them weekly. I don't see that happening, but I'm going to try to bring more sauce back so that I can make them again. I'm just happy that everyone enjoyed them!

Later it was time to bust into the desserts!

Zoe brought some kind of browning cake thing from Marks and Spencer and Susan made chocolate cake balls (cake that's broken up and mixed into frosting, shaped into balls, then dipped in melted chocolate).


Zoe was sad that she ate so much food.



Even though everyone couldn't be there it was still a super fun night just hanging out with everyone who was available. We definitely need to do this dinner thing more than once every 3 months.

Just one more post left, but it should be a big one so hopefully the pictures will upload fast and I'll reach my goal!

No comments: