Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hey Youghal!

So the first place that Mom and I went outside of Cork was Youghal (pronounced "ya'll"). This was a bit of a spur of the moment trip. We felt like we had an extra day in Cork because there are only so many days that you can deal with "moving" (read: dragging heavy things up a big hill to my house), so I suggested that we try a day trip somewhere in Co. Cork. I'd heard that Youghal was great, so off we went! Turns out it was a great decision :)

First thing we did was attempt to eat lunch (it was insanely large so it was a hopeless endeavor) and then off we went on a self-guided walking tour!

I think that this is my favorite picture from that day. Mom had no idea that I was taking a picture of her. She thought I was getting one of the Clock Tower.

A few stops later were the Alms Houses which are still in use as a retirement home.

We had fun wandering around the cemetery at one of the churches. This is Mom standing in the coffin hole :)



The organ inside of the church. So beautiful!

The view's not half bad...



Taking a break before continuing the tour.



Now, this is the outside of the Catholic church...

...and this is the inside. One of my friends described it "like being inside a holy marshmallow!"

Moby Dicks!


Mom found sea glass!

Doesn't this look like a park?!?

Pretty...

So that was a bit of our trip to Youghal. Sorry it was a bit short...the website is having issues uploading pictures so this is the best I could do. I'll try to do a bit better on the next post...Macroom!

1 comment:

marbea said...

Except for lunch (an insane amount of food and mayonnaise) this was a fantastic day!