Friday, February 27, 2009

And life starts to get busy again...

So, I have just over 3 months left and it's getting down to crunch time. So far this is what is planned for the rest of my time here, but I'm almost positive there will be more added in here somewhere:

March 6-8
We are spending a weekend in the Gaeltacht for our Irish class. A Gaeltacht is an area of Ireland in which the majority of the population uses Irish as their primary language. There are Gaeltachts all over Ireland (most notably places like Canamara in Galway) but we are going to a Gaeltacht in Kerry. It should be really fun...and slightly scary since we are forbidden from speaking English while we're there.

March 30-April 4
I am going on an excavation in Limerick at a Medival nunnery for a week with my excavation course.

April 5-21
We are going on a Eurotrip!!! Our first stop is a night in Madrid, then a train to Barcelona for 3 days. From Barcelona we will take a day trip to Andorra, then we will fly from Barcelona to Paris and will stay there for 4 days. From Paris we fly to Berlin and stay there for 2 days. We will then take a train to Prague (I get to go again!!!!!) for 2 days, then another train to Vienna for about a day and a half. After Vienna we fly to London and spend one night there, then fly back to Cork. It is going to be one heck of a crazy adventure, but I cant wait!!

May 14-27
One of my best friends from home (Britt...met her at UCSB first year then lived with her last year) is coming to stay with me!!! Her father is flying her over here pretty much as her 21st birthday present (she suspects). He's even paying to fly me up to Dublin so that I can meet her when her flight gets in. We're going to stay in Dublin for a day or two, then we're not sure about how we're going to do stuff after that. I'll definitely be taking her on day trips out of Cork at points (Blarney, Kinsale, Cobh, etc), but she might also come up with us to Galway for a little bit. I cant wait!!

June 4
This is the day that I fly home. It's supposed to be 15.5 hrs of travel time, but I at least get into LA at a reasonable hour, so it could be worse.

So that is the plan for now. All of these things are definitely happening (already have tickets for them all), but other small things will probably be added in. I'm starting to freak out...it feels like home is right around the corner and I'm just not ready for it yet...

1 comment:

marbea said...

well, I'm ready

June 4- I need a count down clock on my computer!!!!!

love you sweetie